We all get into those riding ruts where we need a little routine shake up and the same goes for kids. Practicing the same way day in and day out can get…boring.
Use this free printable with ideas the next time you notice your kid needs a routine change. Cut them out and place them in a jar to choose at random or glue onto popsicle sticks. Broom Polo is simply setting up a “goal” by using cones or another boundary marker and hitting a ball (any kind but those cheap grocery store ones are the best!) with a broom to the goal. This helps with maneuvering and control!
One of our suggestions is to make a horse “carrot cake”, please see the recipe here:
Riding Free Tack Horse Carrot Cake Bites
- Temperature 350°
- Bake Time 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 large carrots)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats – regular not quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- optional: ½ cup of your horse’s feed or a sweet feed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the carrots, oil, and molasses until combined
- Add the salt, oats, flour and optional feed and stir until it’s combined. It will be a sticky, dough-like consistency
- Form into small 1 inch size balls
- Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden.
Offer to your horse!
Let us know how you enjoyed this recipe and activities by tagging us on Instagram !
Amber & Abby
LEAVE A COMMENT